Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meet The Teacher

I have just recently entered the blog world and I am LOVING it! So many wonderful ideas, and it keeps me super excited about going to school every day and teaching my first graders.  Well, one of my favorite blogs, The First Grade Parade, is having a linky party! It's a fun way to get to "know" each other a little better. Enjoy!






There I am, with my wonderful new hubby... well new-ish. We have been married for a little over a year, and I am loving every minute of it. He was my best friend for about 6 years before we got together. We actually ended up really dating after "pretending" to date as a joke on our friend. Funny how God lets things work out, huh?





There we are on our wedding day! Can't believe how quickly time flies! Anyway, here is a little bit about me:

  I graduated from the University of North Texas and am loving the fact that I student taught and am now teaching for the 2nd year in the school district I grew up in. Not the same school, but it does have the exact same layout... kinda cool, huh? I love to sing at church, I am trying to learn guitar, and I am a Creative Memories consultant on the side. I also love spending time with family and friends, but more importantly, I LOVE Jesus! Can't imagine who I'd be without him.

Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                             
A:  Okay... if I wasn't a Christian singer I would Love, Love, LOVE to be an astronaut! My husband thinks it's a little nerdy, but that's me. I've always loved imagining what it would be like in outer space. Hmmm... 

Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                    
A:  Singing, playing guitar, scrapbooking, and learning Spanish.                                                               

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                     
A:  Honestly, I always knew I wanted to be a teacher. No doubt in my mind about that one!
   
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                
 A: Chocolate and anything super sweet! If it's too sweet for most people, I probably love it. :) I also enjoy curling up on the couch and watching shows like Bones, NCIS, White Collar and Royal Pains with my hubby.

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                     
 A: Hmmm... this is a hard one for me. Not really scared of much, but I guess I would be freaked out if I ever saw a scorpion or one of those huge bugs my husband says they have in Iraq. Yuck!

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                                 
 A: Jamaica! We went to a Sandal's Resort for our honeymoon and I'd love to go back!
                                                         
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                   
A:  If you know Dave Ramsey, you'll know this one: Live like no one else so you can live like no one else. He has some great stuff in his Total Money Makeover book. I also have taken to heart to pray about everything, so you can worry about nothing and let the peace of God guard your heart and mind.

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                   
A:  I love when people are real. No hiding behind who they want to be. Just showing the world who they are with no worries.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                        
A: Faith. It's never been hard for me to believe in things. It's gotten me through so much and I know God will never fail me.    

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                             
A:  Jesus.
Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
Let's see... I tried out for American Idol just to say that I did, but I've never really liked the show. Can't stand the singers they pick who are "good". I have two birds and people think that is unusual. They are cockatiels. One is about 1 year old and the other I got when I was in 2nd grade. He's 19, can you believe it? They can live to be 25! Also, I am a proud Alpha Delta Pi Alum!

Now it’s time for YOU to join the party!!!!  Here’s what you need to do:  Write a post titled “Meet The Teacher”.  Start with a brief “biography” and then copy & paste the Q&A {using your answers, of course!}  Copy the web address of your “Meet the Teacher” post and come back here & link up!  It would be GREAT if you could visit at least 3 other teachers…get to know a little bit about your fellow bloggers…and leave a comment!!!! Don't forget to grab a button when you link up!! 
                                              






The First Grade Parade




14 comments:

Claire @ Completely Claire said...

Glad I found your blog! I am from Denton! What a small world! Excited to follow you~

Mrs. Harris said...

Congrats on your recent anniversary! I too just celebrated my one year anniversary :) Welcome to blog world!

www.adventuresofroom129.blogspot.com

Team Carroll said...

Woo hoo!!! GO EAGLES!! LOVE IT! It's pretty awesome that you auditioned for American Idol...just sayin' ;) And LOVE what you said about FAITH!!! Nice to "meet" you & thanks for playin'!!

Cara :)
thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com

Laura said...

yay for cara's linky party! I'm so glad to have found your blog. Cute ideas already
Laura
www.laurasopenhouse.blogspot.com

Kinderpond said...

Glad to "meet" you and also love royal pains and white collar :)

Jennifer

Janae said...

I love Dave Ramsey! I am a faithful follower of the envelop system. :) Great to meet you.
-Janae

Emily said...

I found you at the link party over at First Grade Parade!
Love the blog...your wedding pictures are beautiful!

~*~Ash~*~ said...

Heeeeeey! Ok, I LOVE this post!
I've always wanted to go to Sandals. We do cruises, but I haven't been to an all inclusive resort. I'm pretty sure it would be fantastic.
I didn't even know pet birds could live that long! That's amazing!!!!! I started an aquarium last year, and I was excited that my two fish made it 8 months! Ha! I would like to get a bird one day- probably when we get a house. We are still renting an apartment...
I'm an ADPi, too (Eta Zeta- Mississippi)! :) I always get excited to meet sisters!



http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Mangham said...

great ideas!

what font are you using? cute cute!

TiffanyClark said...

I love your new layout! Also, my husband and I love Dave Ramsey! We took his financial peace university class in the fall of 2009! We had a chunk of student loan debt and a small second mortgage within 10 months after being married we were debt free! We did live like no one else and are still living like no one else! We are almost to our 6 month emergency fund! So glad to have found your blog and find another Dave Ramsey fan!! Check out my blog: teachrunlove.blogspot.com.

Tiffany

Mrs. Patton said...

Thanks :)

Mrs. Mangham-

I'm using one of the fonts Blogger offers called "Coming Soon". :)

-Mrs. Patton

Mrs. Mangham said...

Thanks sooo much! I can't get enough of it.

Julie said...

Great to "meet" you. I love Jesus too! And, we just started the Dave Ramsey envelope system a couple of months ago and I'm lovin' it! Check out my blog: http://mrsleeskinderkids.blogspot.com
It's great to meet believers online!

Amber said...

Nice to meet you! I love your blog. :)

Amber
http://fabulousfirstgrader.blogspot.com/