Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentines for My Kids

Snow day #4! Can we say cabin fever? My hubby and I are going to have to venture out today... maybe the Target dollar spot? :)

Anyway, I had time today to make the Valentines I am going to give to my kids. Before I go on, I must say that this idea was not mine. It came from the super creative Cara Carroll at The First Grade Parade. Check it out... her ideas are so cute. I would love to be in her classroom!

Here is how the Valentines turned out:






I traced and cut out my hand on cardstock first. Then, I created the red heart and white "I love you" with my cricut machine. I put it all together, rolled down the fingers with a pen, and taped a lollipop on the back. Thanks for the cute idea Cara!

-Mrs. Patton


5 comments:

Emily Kate said...

Darling valentines!

Team Carroll said...

Okay girl...this is WAY cuter than mine! Did you have a particular alpha set you used on your Cricut, or did you use SCAL?? Curious!! That's so DANG cute! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!!! If I can figure out how to do that on my Cricut, I'm SO copying you!! HA!!! :)

Cara :)
thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com

Mrs.Thompson said...

So cute! I made these last night, too, but I must say- yours are so much cuter! I think I need to invest in a Cricut.... :)

adventures-inteaching.blogspot.com

Rachelle said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!! Love love love!
-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Weeksie50 said...

I love the I LOVE YOU that you made with your cricut. Which cartridge did you use???

smileitsbecky@yahoo.com