So, here is my desk area:
|This is my small group reading area and my desk. I really didn't want a true teacher's desk because my room is so small.|
- Yes my desk is usually this clean!
- I have an awesome organizer from staples in place of my "real teacher desk". It's awesome!
- My guided reading materials are right behind me so it is super easy to plan and put it where it belongs.
- I love how my shelf is organized.
- I love the "to do" list I created with my Creative Memories Software. I can write on it with a Visa V marker and wipe it off when I'm done!
|The awesome organizer from Staples. It's called The Apprentice!|
|My "to do" list I created with Creative Memories software.|
|My organized shelf. Now I have labels on everything. You can come back later this week and see it in a new post.|
|Fun teacher pens that match my theme of "Mrs. Patton's Patch".|
|Organized binders... oh how I love binders!|
- only one thing comes to mind... I really don't like this cart I have. You can see it in the picture below. It just gets in the way. Maybe I need to buy a plastic drawer tower that I can fit under my desk... hmm...
|Yup, it's decided. I need to buy a plastic drawer tower for under the table. That should look much nicer and free up some space.|
- I mentioned this in an earlier post, but teachers were not consulted in the decision of where computer would be located. My computer is all the way across the room. This means that any time I want to enter grades, enter plans, or write a quick email I have to walk across the room to my computer desk.
- My phone has to be connected to the same port as my computer. This is highly annoying... anytime the phone rings and I am at my small group table I have to run to the other side (okay not run... my room isn't that big) and try to answer it in time.
|This is how far my phone and computer are from my desk.|
|Here it is up close.|