Thursday, March 24, 2011

Organization Week Line-Up: 03/27 - 04/02

So... it's official! Organization week is happening next week! If you didn't catch my earlier post, I was thinking that Spring is a great time to do some Spring Cleaning, especially in the classroom. In light of this, I am declaring next week Organization Week! It's a way for all of us to pool our ideas in regards to organization through linking posts to my blog posts and leaving comments. Hopefully we will all get some ideas to take back to our own classrooms. 

There were so many ideas in response to my post about possible topics, that I have decided to extend the week from 5 days to 7 days. 

Here is the line-up:



Here is the text version with more details:

Sunday, March 27th: Daily Materials (This is about How you organize materials for your lessons. Also, what about if you want to get ahead... where do you keep those materials?)
 

Monday, March 28th: Literacy Centers (This is about the structure of your literacy centers, as well as how you keep them accessible and where you keep them when you are finished with them)



Tuesday, March 29th: Math (This is about storing and organizing math manipulatives and math games)



Wednesday, March 30th: Home Communication (This is about how you organize the folders/binders that go home, how you organize graded papers ready to go home and how you organize notes to go home)



Thursday, March 31st: How and Where Should I Store Things? (This is about how you store things before and after use. This can be anything from binders you have organized, units, closets that are organized, school supplies, crafts, etc)



Friday, April 1st: Language Arts Block (This is about the structure and organization within language arts. This includes writing, writing workshop, Daily 5 or any other model for language arts instruction. This day will address guided reading structure and material organization as well.)


Saturday, April 2nd: Student Records and Anything Else (This is about data collection-- keeping those anecdotal records as well as student information sheets and work for portfolios. It is also a day to post anything you think could be helpful that we have not covered earlier in the week.)

So... go to your classrooms, get some pictures of how you organize these areas, then get your posts and comments ready! I can't wait to see all the wonderful ideas we can pool together. I am hopeful that you will join in the fun by linking up your blog posts and leaving comments!


Can't wait to meet you here Sunday morning! 
-Mrs. Patton

5 comments:

Love, Polka Dot said...

I am so excited! Can't wait! :)

Melissa said...

Oh dear, I need to clean and straighten before I take any pictures to share!!
F is For First Grade

Estes Extras said...

Way to go. My spring break is next week and I am planning on doing this too!!

http://estes-extras.blogspot.com

Deedee Wills said...

Ok... Is this a planned intervention? Did my husband contact you or something? Actually, I look organized, but it takes a lot of effort. It is not in my DNA. I am ready for inspiration. Bring it!

Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Ladybug Teacher said...

Oooh! I'm just seeing this now after a long week of report cards! I will definitely share some pics and I REALLY need to learn some more in certain areas...thanks SO much for doing this. What a wonderful idea! :)

Kristen
Ladybug's Teacher Files