Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fun Finds

I was on my weekly Dollar Tree trip today, not looking for anything in particular, and look at what I picked up:


I found these cute signs maybe for bulletin boards or something. I think they will go perfectly with my classroom theme of  "Mrs. Patton's Patch". You can't tell from the picture, but some of them have fun glitter on them :)



I love the decks of cards that came together. It had an ABC card game where they match the upper case to the lower case, a card puzzle where there are 3 pieces to make a picture (thinking for a beginning, middle and end lesson), and my favorite:

I plan to put these in as a word work center. It'll be something fun and different to spice it up a little as we are nearing the end of the year.

I saw this water squirter on another blog to be used as an extra long pointer. Using it, my kids will be able to reach the top of the projector screen so they can point as we read poems together!



I also thought these foam crowns could be cute to use somehow during our Fairy Tale study towards the end of the year:



Don't you just love trips to the Dollar Tree?

On another note, I am wondering if there is anything specific you would like me to post about. If you have any questions or suggestions for a topic, leave me a comment or send me an email. I really would love your input. Any comment on a future topic would be greatly appreciated!

... and how do you like my new signature? Made it myself :-D
Have a great night!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Mrs. D said...

Wow! What great finds. I really love the bug themed signs. I may have to sneak over to Dollar Tree tonight!

http://thesilverlininginteaching.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

I love Dollar Tree!! I can't go without spending at least $10. Your new signature is great, I need to figure out how to do that=)
F is For First Grade

Hadar said...

I am so jealous of all your amazing dollar tree finds!!!!! now I have to go back and get them too! p.s. LOVE your new signature!! it is so springy!

Hadar

arcrow said...

I LOVE Dollar Tree and Target. I also LOVE looking at pictures of things other teachers have purchased there.

Donut Diva said...

I went to the Dollar tree after school last night and spent 60.00! I got lots of stuff to use with my 4 year old this summer when I am off but also got the pompoms and some markers since we are totally out for the year and I refuse to put out anymore good ones.
If you are able to I would love to know what you use for small groups and how you organize them. I seem to get bored quickly in small groups and am always looking for good texts and mini lessons to use.

Jessica said...

I would love to hear how you do your small groups too (the routine)! And also what your routine is like for writing instruction. Those are the 2 areas I would like to improve on! =)

Deedee Wills said...

L.O.V.E you signature! You are so talented GIRL!

Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Marisa said...

I L.O.V.E your blog! I come to it daily for new inspiration! I would love to hear what you (and others) have to say about small groups as well. I am also interested in routines and transition times in general. What works best? What is your favorite transition music, etc.

Doodle Bugs Paper said...

I bought that same set of signs!! They are precious!! Love the flash cards - need to look for those too..

Donut Diva said...

I also would like to know how you manage to fit it all in. The planning, the blogging, teaching, being a wife, cleaning etc. I mean I feel like I can never get it all in and something is always suffering. Do you plan out your day so that you stick to a schedule?

Mrs. Ibarra said...

I bought those bug signs too....haven't used them yet. Please post a picture when you figure out how to use them...=)