Thursday, April 28, 2011

What can you do with Crystal Light and pom-poms?

Well, I don't know what you can do with those things, but here's what I can do with Crystal Light and pom-poms:




It's getting to that point in the year when I feel like I need something new to encourage my students to continue their good behavior. (Only 25 days left!) Usually I start a store in my classroom where I give them pretend money for good behavior and they can purchase things like a pick from the treasure box, bringing a stuffed animal to school, having lunch with the teacher, etc. But... I decided to try something different with this group and do the class store when we only have about 3 weeks left.

I have seen 2-3 posts on different blogs about using pom-poms to encourage good behavior. If you are one of them, please let me know so I can link back to your post. I got an empty Crystal Light container, pulled off the cover, and labeled it with different numbers. The number it gets to is how many minutes of free time they get on Friday. I realized that I had big and small pom-poms to use, so here is my twist. If they REALLY impress me or get a compliment in the hall from our principal or assistant principal, we get to put in a BIG pom-pom. They L.O.V.E. it!

What do you do at this point in the year to encourage good behavior?

Also, if you haven't entered my giveaway, check it out by clicking here. Four people will win 2 things from my Teachers Pay Teachers store!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Hi Mrs. Patton, great post...would you consider linking up with my classroom management linky party going on right now?

Kelley
Mrs. Randall’s Learning Library

Marcy said...

I encourage mine through doing math with food or candy! If they have a great week, we do some kind of skittle, m & m, marshmallow or something kind of math/graphing on Fridays. They LOVE it!
I also do more with reading books that have movies. For example, the past two weeks we have been reading "The Tale of Despereaux" and next Friday we will watch the movie. Then, when we compare/contrast the book and movie! We have also done "Charlotte's Web" and "Because of Winn-Dixie".
Hope this helps! I love the ideas you've given, too!