Monday, June 13, 2011

Math Workstations- Chapter 4 with a FREEBIE

I am LOVING Math Work Stations. I hope you are joining in on this great book study. If you don't have the book, at least follow along and download all the freebies!

Chapter 4 is all about work stations for beginning number concepts. When I read the chapter, my mind was just overflowing with ideas of what work stations I could have going for my students. This book is completely changing the way I think about math work stations.

If you want to see a FABULOUS post about this chapter, you have to check out Fran's post at Kindergarten Crayons. She is the one hosting this chapter of the book study and BOY did she do a fantastic job! Lots of freebies over there!



Here is one of the work stations I came up with when reading the chapter. It was inspired by Debbie Diller's Odd and Even Ladybug. I call it Odd and Even Flower Power. If you download the game, you will see the directions for the students and for the teacher. I have also included ideas for differentiating and 2 vocabulary cards. Enjoy!

 Odd and Even Flower Power



Photobucket

13 comments:

Jess said...

I really love how you added the vocabulary cards and ways to differentiate the game. I try to use the same game for each group and I'm always looking for ways to differentiate while using the same game! Thanks so much!

http://ramblingaboutreading.blogspot.com/

Ms. L said...

What a cute game! I love how the game can be differentiated. Thank you!

Mrs.Voss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs.Voss said...

Thank you so much!~ It matches my room, too!! {CUTE CUTE CUTE}

Rachel said...

My district is redoing the 1st grade math curriculum, I'd love to read this book and bring some ideas to my team in July. Thanks for the freebie!
-Rachel
asartiparty.blogspot.com

Plants seeds of knowledge...for our future! said...

I have been away for two conferences and wanted to participate in this blog book study. I decided to start catching up on my reading yesterday when I finally got back to my after 14 days of professional development in science and geography.
I was so inspired by the first 3 chapters! I have not started the 4th chapter yet but will later. This book has totally changed the way I will be teaching math and organizing materials in my classroom.
Jenea
www.seedsofnoledge.blogspot.com
Kindergarten Teacher

tmarie said...

Thank you for sharing! I think this is well put together! I hope to create and share as much as everyone else some day!

Oceans of First Grade Fun said...

Love the activity. Thanks!
Ms. A
Oceans of First Grade Fun

Jill said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! When I was student teaching, my first graders were TOTALLY lost when it came to odds and evens, so I can imagine that might happen again in the fall. I love the differentiation ideas. Thanks again!

Magnificent Multiagers!

Sass Class said...

I can't wait to read this. I have been evacuated because of the Wallow fire. So glad to be home and in my own bed. One of these days I will get to all that has been going on. Right bow I am cleaning ask and smoke from my house. Plus a good friend died as a result of the fire!!! Smoke and exhaustion!! Such a hard time.

About Me said...

Amazing! You read the chapter and made the game super quick! You are one smart cookie. ;)

Shana
http://gracehopperlearning.blogspot.com

absees123s said...

Thank you so much!

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Awesome! Thank you!!
Jennifer
http://firstgradeblueskies.blogspot.com/