Monday, July 18, 2011

Awesome Math Conference!

Hey there!
I am going to am awesome math conference this week called CAMT. Today was the first day and I've already had some great classes. In fact, after I get permission from the presenter, I'd love to share with you a management system for Math Workshop that is very similar to the format of Daily 5. It is awesome and I can't wait to implement it! I know she is planning on starting a blog or website in the Fall to share her ideas as well.
Then, I spent three hours this afternoon in a wonderful class about strategies for teaching numeracy. Her book is called Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites: 20 Numeracy Strategies That Engage the Brain. Marcia Tate was a WONDERFUL presenter! I'm sure you'd love this book.

And the best part... look at all the free samples I got from the vendors at the conference:


Can't wait to share about Math Workshop and to go back tomorrow!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Sandra Guntorius said...

I have been to a class with Marcia Tate about the Worksheets don't grow dendrites, WOW she was great. Glad you had the privilage of seeing her.

Kim said...

I am there too! We tried to get into the Math Workshop class, but arrived too late and it was full. I plan on spending some time to create some things from the classes we went to! Can't wait to hear!!!
Kim SaylorsLog

Mrs. Morris said...

I was at CAMT today as well, but I didn't have a good experience. I guess we chose the wrong presenters. I am going to Stuart J. Murphy's session in the morning. I am hoping tomorrow will be better.

Becca
Simply 2nd Resources

Mrs. Scoma said...

Marcia Tate came to do a 2-day conference in my district 2 years ago, and it changed the way I teach! I love the book you mentioned... it's SO true! Enjoy your learning :)

~Laura
www.firstgradeFUNdamentals.blogspot.com

Mrs. Coe said...

I was there too!
littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

Debra said...

I am looking forward to your sharing what you have learned. Getting Guided Math in to my schedule a là Daily Café is a goal of mine. I know people who have workshopped with Marcia Tate, and they loved it. Have a great time!

Donut Diva said...

Do you go on your own or does your district pay for you to go? Our district never ever has a speaker come to us. How do you find speakers to go see? Just wondering since again I always feel in the dark and the blog world is how I find out about new things in the classroom. Pretty sad I know.
Heidi