Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Do you pinterest?

I have waited for quite a while, but I finally decided to join Pinterest. Lindsey from The Teacher Wife was so sweet to send me an invitation to join. If you don't know much about it, my take on it is that it's a fun way to keep track of ideas you find on the web. In fact, they have a simple tool that you can put on your toolbar in your browser. It lets you "pin" anything from any site within seconds to your virtual pinboards. If you are like me and waited a while, but are ready to check it out, then leave me your email address in a comment below and I'd be glad to invite you to join!

Below is a screenshot of my pinboards. Check them out by clicking here.



On another note, today was the last day of the CAMT conference. Oh my, was today a GREAT day! I am T.I.R.E.D, but it was worth it! I wrote down so many ideas and can't wait to share them with you! I got permission from a presenter to share lots of ideas for teaching measurement. Honestly, I think I have enough ideas to post one every day for 2-3 weeks. Seriously, if you live in Texas, you NEED to go to CAMT next summer. It's awesome!

I've also attended 2 other sessions about math workshop management systems and have decided on what mine will look like. It's kind of a combination of all three I attended. I will be sharing that with you next week once I get it mapped out on paper.

Have a great rest of the week bloggy friends!

Photobucket

22 comments:

Ms. Patterson said...

I sure do!

http://pinterest.com/shunap/

Joni Taylor said...

I think I am ready to jump in and have a little Pinterest fun. I would love an invite, msjonit@earthlink.net
I enjoy your blog, thanks for the math goodies!

froggycupcakes said...

I was at CAMT too! I actually didn't go today because I was SOOO exhausted! Too much time spent in lines and finding an alternate session to attend :(

tmarie said...

I have been avoiding Pinterest because I already spend so much time checking blogs! But.... I have been so temped! Could you send me an invite and I'll check it out and see how addicted I could become? :)
Tessa
tschep@live.com
Spotlight on Kindergarten

According to Ashley said...

I'm following you now! I'm ashleyh31 or "According to Ashley."

Rorey Risdon said...

This is going to be a great resource for me. One of my goals this month was to organize/clean out my bookmark folder and this resource will provide me with a better tool to save those things I find on the web. Just perfect. Thanks!

FreeLark said...

I think I have been blog stalking/hiding out enough. Could you invite me? :)

FreeLark@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Kim said...

I am sorry I didn't go to the same sessions as you. My friend and I didn't have a wonderful experience this year. We tried to get into the math work stations, but they were full - we wanted to go the measurement one, but I think it was full. We waited FOREVER in like for a Dyna Zykes foldable one, and then realized we already knew most of what they presented! Live and learn. Next time I want your schedule! LOL We did liked it better when it was in Dallas. We did have some good experiences, but none were as good as yours sounds. I am so glad that you had a good time.

You will love Pinterest! I am so addicted I am wondering if I should get a maid? I don't have time to clean!HA HA!

Cori said...

I've tried to join pintrest straight on their website, but it won't let me for some reason. I would really appreciate it if you could send me an invite, I would love to start using this tool! Thank you!
coriblubaugh@gmail.com

Pam said...

I would love an invite. I can't wait to check it out! Thank you!

pds918@gmail.com

Meenal said...

Finally! The answer to my prayers! I would LOVE an invite! Thanks so, so much! -- Meenal
meenal.parikh@nocseagles.org

Stephanie May said...

It is so quick and easy--and an incredible resource making it a guilt-free addiction. Love it!

Desiree said...

I do pinterest, check out my button on my blog. And I am following you now. Exciting!:)

Kinders on the Block

Mrs. Freyou said...

Hey friend,
This sounds like something I would use:) Can you send me an invite:) Enjoyed our time together today!!!

Sarah said...

I'm addicted to pinterest too! I just started following you :)
http://pinterest.com/yes_teacher/

Widad said...

I would love an invite! wkinard@att.net

Reflecting the Sparks said...

ssparks@qcisd.net

Thanks!

Ms. Wilson said...

rachelwilson_08@yahoo.com

Thanks :)

Ms. Morales said...

I'd like an invite
Jess291981@gmail.com
thanks!:)

Jennifer said...

I'd love an invite!
colwellsincarolina@gmail.com

Plus, I couldn't help but notice the dress blues in your pinterest photo! I'm a teacher and married to a marine as well :)

www.colwellsincarolina.blogspot.com

Caity said...

can someone please send me an invite to pinterest, i am so excited to try, thanks!!!

acflaherty@gmail.com

abby said...

I am excited to hear more about what your plans are for math workshop!! Sounds like you learned a lot! I'm a new follower...love it :)

abby
msalleysclass.blogspot.com