Monday, August 29, 2011

Alphabet Rocks!

Alright, so I have tons of things I should have been blogging about, but since school started I have been super busy! I'm sure y'all understand! First off, let me just say that I absolutely LOVE Kindergarten! While you do have to teach those sweet babies how to do almost anything, they are adorable, so innocent, and sweet. :-) I must be crazy to actually enjoy teaching these first few weeks!

So, here is something I made this summer that I am excited to use with my new kids.






These are alphabet rocks. You may have seen them on.... yes, you guessed it... Pinterest. How many times have I said that in the last 10 posts?!? Anyway, I went to the Dollar Tree, bought 2 bags of stones meant to be decorative, and put my paint pens to work. To top it off, I sprayed on lacquer. I just didn't think the paint alone would stick all year. I could foresee it getting scratched off easily. I went ahead and made 2 sets with numbers to 10 as well. How fun are they? I just love them!



I hope you are having a wonderful start to the new school year!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Marlana said...

I pinned the numbers with dots for a parent night activity. So fun! Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
✿Marlana
Lil' Country Kindergarten

Debbie said...

Just thought I would add an idea. I teach 2nd and put nouns and verbs on them. The students pull a noun out of a bag and then pull a verb out of another bag to create a silly sentence.

Sarah said...

What a fun project! It turned out too cute :)