Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bug of the Week and More Classroom Photos

In kindergarten at my school, everyone does star of the week. I decided to do "Bug of the Week" to go with my theme.

Here is the bulletin board I made for it:


As you can see in the picture below, I will put pictures from each of the students on paperclips that are already on the flowers on my board. It makes for a very easy change out! 

Here is the paper I send home with the student before their week:

Bug of the Week -


I also created this bulletin board for our "Bee Rules". I plan to make the binder as well! Be sure you click the links to check out the original post by Sarah at First Grader... at Last.
I made the banner using my Cricut machine.


I saw an adorable project on Pinterest. They made yarn balloons that sort of looked like lanterns. Well, I bought the yarn, glue, balloons, and tried twice... but I failed miserably! I guess some projects just aren't meant to be!

So... instead I sent my hubby to Hobby Lobby to get these paper lanterns. You get three for $7.99! Look how I used them for decoration and for table colors:






I think it's so fun! I plan to hang the word of the week from the paperclips so the students can have it right at their tables. (Yes... once the tables arrive I will have them instead of desks!)

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Doodle Bugs Paper said...

I love your paper lanterns. I wish we could hang stuff from the ceiling but our alarm sensors won't allow it :o(

Your room is looking great!!!

Kacey
Doodle Bugs Teaching
Doodle Bugs Paper

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Very cute lanterns :)

I love the bug of the week!

Runde's Room said...

I've been looking all over for turquoise lanterns - wish we had Hobby Lobby.
We give a monthly "BUG" award at our student assemblies for most improved students - "Bringing Up Grades".

Jen
Runde's Room

Mrs. Jackson said...

Your room looks great! I love the lanterns... wish we had Hobby Lobby in PA!

Melissa
Love, Hugs, and Ladybugs

Deb said...

What a cute idea! I love the bug theme. I actually am having a linky party for Star of the Week ideas, so this is great! :)
Deb
Simply The Classroom

Miss J said...

Such a cute idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

Miss J @ smilescrayonsandendlessstories

56853260-49c0-11e0-a300-000bcdca4d7a said...

May I ask where you purchased your cute bees for the rules?

essvedy@aol.com

Lory said...

your classroom is darling!!! love the lanterns!
Lory
Lory's Page

Peterson's Primary Peeps said...

Your room looks great! Check out the giveaway at my blog http://petersonsprimarypeeps.blogspot.com/