Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Beginning of the Year Team Banner

In the last 3 years, one of the activities I have done with my class is picked a team name and created a team banner. My sweet first grade team has always done this, and it is such a fun project!

This year, I decided I would do it with my kindergartners, too, but I decided just to pick our team name. We are Mrs. Patton's Ladybugs. I just couldn't think of any other animal besides a praying mantis or a porcupine starting with the letter P that might be found in "Mrs. Patton's Patch". So... we are the ladybugs!

We created this banner:



I decided to do a directed drawing, so we each made a ladybug to stick on the banner. Some added lots of details, and others did not. I love seeing their creativity, though!


I also made this sign from a popsicle stick and a paper plate. When we go out to recess, they can see exactly where to line up amidst the other 6 classes!


My kids were so excited to be the ladybugs! They even wanted to make a cheer. 1-2-3-Go, Ladybugs! How cute are they? :)

One more perk about the banner is that it doubles as the sign for our class on field day in May. Each class marches down the hall with a banner to go outside to start the games. When May comes around, the first grade teachers and I will not have to worry about making a banner because we already did! Wahoo!

Photobucket

3 comments:

tmarie said...

I just nominated you as one of my Top 10 Blogs! Check out the post here
http://spotlightonkindergarten.blogspot.com/2011/09/thank-you.html

Then head over here to grab your button
http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/2011/05/top-10.html

Tessa
Spotlight on Kindergarten

Wild About K Kids said...

Love the ladybugs! Cute and colorful!

Lory said...

Darling idea!!!
Lory
Lory's Page