Monday, September 5, 2011

Wanted: A Kindergarten Class to Skype with Us!


 I have been thinking a lot about teaching to this new generation, and I am trying to incorporate technology in as many authentic ways as possible. When I think about the future, I imagine there will be even more collaboration across cities, states and countries than there is right now. How better to prepare my kids for this than to collaborate with another Kindergarten class in another city, state, or country?

I don't know the details now, but I am definitely open to lots of ideas of what learning our classes could share with each other. If you are interested in sharing your learning with my class, please email me at colleen.patton115@gmail.com.

I can't wait to see what an awesome learning venture this will be!




Photobucket

9 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Hi!! I am very interested, I will email you :)

internteachertales.blogspot.com

Mrs. Estes said...

I would be interested as well! My e-mail is mandy.h.estes@gmail.com

http://estes-extras.blogspot.com

absees123s said...

I'm in 1st, Knoxville, TN...if somehow these others don't work out or if one of you all would like to...we would love it!

cindi.ellison@knoxschools.org

Let me know!

Marisol Perez said...

I think that would be cool. What do you have in mind. maybe we could all collaborate with each other. I don't know about you girls but I've never used skype but I figure we could all learn together.
soad6274@gmail.com

Mrs. Patton said...

Please continue to email me if you are interested, I didn't know how much interest there would be! Wow... we could have lots of skype buddies! It may be tricky with time zones and all, but I'd LOVE to have a buddy outside of our country as well!

Terri said...

I don't know anything about skype, but I would like to learn. I am an old teacher coming back to kinders. My email is tizatt@ecsdnv.net

Terri Izatt

Anita said...

I am totally interested!!!...but I'll have to get info from our Principal regarding permission (due to privacy concerns, etc.) My Kindergarten class has 10 girls & 10 boys, and we are from Ontario, Canada. I'll comment again when I find out more! :)
Anita
http://mrsbremersk.blogspot.com/

amyj said...

I would love this as well. I teach kindergarten in South Dakota

Amy
amy.james@k12.sd.us

Mrs. Gorbe said...

Totally jealous of this fun adventure.
We have a big lack of technology in our school. :(