Thursday, December 29, 2011

Better Late...

than never! Sorry I haven't found a time to post about what we did for the holidays in my classroom until now. Here is a quick summary:

We created Christmas Countdown Bells.




For a parent gift, we made 5 Little Snowmen Ornaments. I painted the kids hands with acrylic paint, they grabbed the ornament, we hung it to dry, and then I decorated them. Pretty cute, huh?


My favorite is the reindeer that the kindergarten team at my school does every year. We give the kids a tracer for the antlers and face, and the rest is up to them. To create the face, we give them a circle tracer with a slit in it. They cut down the slit and overlap the paper to create the cone-shaped face. Later, we created a Santa as a class to complete our hallway display.







I hope you enjoy the last few days of our break!

Photobucket

5 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Love those reindeer! And you could totally do something like those bells to "ring" in the new year!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Erika said...

Those reindeer are all so unique and precious!
2B Honey Bunch

Kristen said...

Hey Mrs. Patton, I've missed seeing you around! It's been hard for me to get on the blogs a lot this year. I loved seeing these photos :)
Kristen

Mrs. Coe said...

Great stuff!

Chrissy said...

The reindeer are SO cute! Happy New Year!

ReadWriteSing