Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Year in Review... My Favorites

I was just thinking about all the things I did in 2011, and realized that I have been blogging for exactly one year now. My how time flies! Here are some of my favorites from the year:


These question words have served my kids well.


The Quiz Me Can
This was a popular one that I still enjoy using with my high readers.




 I opened my Teachers Pay Teachers and Teachers Notebook stores.



My kids did an awesome job on our animal research project.


I organized my teacher library.




I created summer writing notebooks for my students.



That led me to create my LINK Math Workshop Plans. (Which is my favorite thing to teach in my classroom now!)


I was moved to teach Kindergarten. Now that the beginning of school has passed, I can happily say that I am loving my job teaching kinder! (Apparently, I need to take more classroom photos since the room actually has tables now!)


I found a new way to organize my Listening Center.


 

We ended the year with some cute Christmas activities.

Phew! This has been quite a year. As I look back on the end of the year, I realize that the stress of changing grade levels caused me to severely lack in writing blog posts. I haven't even created anything for TPT in months! For next year, I plan to take more time to post about the things going on in my kindergarten classroom and to create more things I can share.

I hope you had a wonderful 2011. Happy new year!


Photobucket

5 comments:

YearntoLearn said...

Congrats on blogging 1 year. You've accomplished a lot!
I've never tried Donor's Choose, but WOW, lucky you for getting 3 projects funded.


Yearn to Learn Blog

Freckleteacher said...

What a great year! Thank you for sharing it with us!

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Wahoo! A whole year! That is awesome!
=) Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Runde's Room said...

Happy blog-o-versary! Thanks for linking up! Congrats on getting three donors choose projects funded - oh how I wish we had something like that in Canada.

Jen
Runde's Room

Miss Rorey said...

This is such a great post because I have not been following your site long enough to see what you were doing at the beginning of the year. The quiz me can is definitely something I can use in the classroom and congratulations on your donors choose projects being funded. Cheers and Happy New Year!