Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Donor's Choose Widget

I was so excited to see that Donor's Choose has an option for a widget you can put on your blog. I first noticed it at Pocket Full of Kinders. I searched and searched, and finally found out how she did it. If you have an account, you can view your account and then view your donor account. From there, you can create a giving page. I picked the one for sharing with bloggers. Once the page is published, you can scroll to the very bottom of your giving page and click on widget. There,, you get three options of widgets to add to your blog.

Hint: If you want to add your specific project, you first have to create the page to search for general projects. Then, go to your project page and click "Add to my Giving Page". Then, voila! You have a banner that directs people to your project!

If you click on my banner, you can see the project we are currently working on... non-fiction books for curious kinders! We are more than halfway funded. If anyone would be willing to donate, I'd really appreciate it. I found that the code YELP entered at checkout will double your donation! (Every little bit helps!)


Photobucket

6 comments:

Ms. Patterson said...

I am glad that you figured it out!

Ms.M said...

It's about time!!! This is long over due. Thanks for letting me know.

Ms. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan

Dianne said...

Awesome tip! Going to try it right now. Thanks for your help!
Dianne
Hopelessly Devoted to Teaching

Melissa, DillyDabbles said...

Thanks for the information. I just had a project funded in December and am looking forward to starting a new one.

DillyDabbles

Mrs. Dane said...

I don't see anywhere where it says I can create a giving page. Please help!

Mrs. Dane said...

Never mind, I figured it out!