Thursday, January 19, 2012

Retelling The Three Little Pigs

In reading workshop, our mini-lessons are currently focused on Fairy Tales. We are retelling them, talking about the lesson we can learn from them, etc.

Today we created a mural for The Three Little Pigs that we can use this week and next as a reading center for retelling.

The kids did it all... always fun that way! (By the way, the pigs and wolves are not glued on because they will use them as they retell. Also, I realize there are four pigs, but my kiddos insisted on including the mom pig since she is mentioned at the beginning of the story.)


Isn't is cute?

Also, on a side note... if you follow my Facebook page, you may have seen that I posted about sharing my math plans. If y'all would appreciate it, I will be glad to post my math plans so you can see how my LINK Math Workshop is going. I hope to link to some freebies and some individual themed math centers that I will post for sale. Only thing is, since these plans are new and this is my first year with my LINK Math Workshop with kindergarten, I plan to post the plans and materials AFTER I do them to be sure they are kid-tested. Sound good to you? Please let me know your thoughts!



Photobucket

9 comments:

Jeannie said...

love the idea of making the retelling mural!!! Excellent!!

~jeannie~
­ Kindergarten Lifestyle

http://www.facebook.com/kindergartenlifestyle

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Love those piggies! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Kara said...

Fun! Love the mural :)

Have you heard "The Three Little Pigs Blues" off of Greg and Steve's "Playing Favorites" CD? It's one of my kiddos' favorite song, and a great retelling of the story.

Kara
Spedventures

Hayley Bishop said...

I love the idea of creating a mural for retelling. What an engaging way to practice this important skill. Thank you for sharing.

Miss Russell said...

That is too cute! I love it and would be interested in knowing how they retell the story. Great idea!

Follow my blog if you get the chance, I would really appreciate it!

Kimberly said...

Hmmm...I've never made a retelling mural before. I'm gonna have to try that next week.
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Mrs. Nunley said...

Cute! I am so glad that I discovered your blog! I am your newest follower!
-Megan

First Grade Magic

Erika said...

Great idea and so adorable!

2B Honey Bunch
The Best Endings

Jennifer said...

What a great idea!

Rowdy in First Grade