Sunday, May 13, 2012

Freebie and a Math Workshop Update

My students are still enjoying the LINK Math Workshop that I created for this year. Only 12 1/2 more school days! I'm happy to say that my math workshop has been a great success this year!

My students have really been enjoying certain math games these past few weeks, and I figured I should share some with you. 

This first one was inspired by a pin on Pinterest. I followed the link, but didn't find a printable for the game board. So... I made my own to share with you!

Lego More and Less


They loved playing this game mostly because it involved Legos! :)



My Students have also been enjoying Bump games. 





In other news... I found out I will have a new teaching position next year... :)

I get to teach Third Grade Dual Language!

I was originally going to teach Dual Language in Kindergarten, but my principal asked me if I'd be up to the challenge of taking on Dual Language in Third Grade, and of course I said yes.

I'll miss my sweet little ones, but I have a feeling that I will enjoy the older ones as well. I have a training this week to prepare myself for teaching on the English side of Dual Language. Right now, I probably can't tell you much about it, but if you're curious you can check out the website here.

Hope you are having a great end of the school year!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Kara said...

Thank you for the Lego freebie! My students are really going to love it!

Kara
Spedventures

Jill said...

Your posts always inspire me! I hope I can have a math workshop like yours next year.

Good luck on your big move! I did a clinical in third grade and loved it! The kids are so independent but still into school. :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

Jill said...

I also just saw that you use linking cubes for Bump! So smart!

Becky said...

Thanks for the freebie!! Soo cute & fun! I love getting inspired by pinterest. It makes you want to teach better, have a baby, decorate your house, travel, cook, and workout. haha!!

School Sparks Renee said...

the freebies look great. Good luck next year! Renee

Jenn Bates said...

The kids wil love the Lego freebie, thanks. Good luck with your new teaching position.
Jenn
Finally in First

Heidi Samuelson said...

How cute is this!!!! Perfect..and I was just about to "toss" the legos!
Thank YOU!
Swamp Frog First Graders

Caitlin said...

Thank you for the freebie! I love it!

Caitlin
Learning Ahoy!

kinderexplorers said...

my kids are going to love the LEGO game - thanks so much for sharing. It is so bright & coloful, too :D

Amanda said...

Thank you so much for sharing the Lego game! My kiddos are just going to love it!!!

Amanda
First Grade Garden

Susan Hardin said...

Thank you for the freebie. Who designed your clipart? I looked for the credit, but I may have missed it. I'm sure your kiddos love it.
- Susan
3rd Grade Grapevine

Mrs. Patton said...

Susan, I actually designed the clip art. The legos and heads were easy since they are just simple shapes. :)

Leeanne said...

Love this idea! The document says "closed for business" 😳 is this available somewhere else? Thanks!