Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Summer To-Do List

 Ahh... summer! It's that time of year when we can kick back and relax a bit. It's that time of year when we can look forward to the next school year with high hopes and expectations. It's that time of year when we can finally tackle those projects we've been pinning on Pinterest!

Although people always comment on how lucky I am to have the summers off, I find it funny how much of the summer I actually spend working. Something about working on my own time is perfectly fine with me! Here's my summer to-do list. I wonder how it compares to yours.

1. Organize those pesky bulletin board letters (Just finished this actually, you can check it out here!)



2. Finish creating and post some freebies and for sale items on Teachers Pay Teachers and Teacher's Notebook.
Here's a little preview for you!


3. Get my gallbladder out... boo! I can't believe that I'm 25 and have gallstones! Oh well, better to have it out and not mess with it anymore.

4. Attend lots of training! Call me a nerd, but I love to learn new things. I especially love to go to conferences! I've got trainings lined up to help me with my new job title next year... Colleen Patton, Third Grade Teacher, Dual Language, Digital Classroom! Lot's of stuff packed in there... Looking forward to it, but I'm still not sure what it will look like. That's a lot of change for one year.

5. Read and get ready to host chapter 7 of Guided Math by Laney Sammons. Brenda over at Primary Inspired has put this whole thing together. I'm super excited to get started!

6. Tackle these Pinterest projects:
  1. Create a Hula Hoop Tent for my classroom.
  2. Line those milk crates I use to organize things.
  3. Find new table baskets for community supplies in my classroom next year. Probably from Hobby Lobby. :)
  4. Make some cute hand sanitizer bathroom passes.
7. Relax with my sweet husband!

How does that compare to your to-do list?

Hope you get yours done, too!
Photobucket

14 comments:

Jenna said...

Great to-do list!!! :) Going to add some to my to-do list!

Jenna
Just diving In

Elizabeth said...

Great list...now if I could get myself off of this computer, I might be able to tackle my own list :)

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

Miss Kindergarten said...

What a fun list!! You will be busy! Okay, I am obsessed with your bulletin board letter organization! Where are those adorable black letters with white stitching from??

Hadar

Love to Learn said...

Your summer sounds almost exactly like I plan mine to be (without the gall bladder removal of course). Those hand sanitizer bathroom passes from pinterest are great, I'm going to have to go Pin them now!

Love to Learn

Lori said...

I have seen those letter organizers and they look great! So sorry to hear that you must have gallbladder surgery!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

that's a great idea for bulletin board organization!!

Ashley said...

I love your finds, especially organizing your bulletin board letters and the bathroom passes! And last summer, I had my gallbladder out at 26. It had been giving me quite a lot of trouble. Trust me, once it is over and you have healed, you will feel a lot better!

Ashley
Live2Learn

Mrs. Saoud said...

I've added one to my to-do list as well... thank you!

Cheryl

Lisa R. said...

Bulletin board letters drive me nuts!! LOVE this organization method!! :)

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Kim and Kelly said...

I love that our to-do lists always include things for school. It really does take a special person to be a teacher.
We are your newest followers! check us out if you get a chance!

a49erfangirl said...

I hope that your gall bladder surgery goes well. I had mine out when I was 15 for multi gall stones. I had the laser surgery and that is a quicker healing time :)

a49erfangirl said...

I hope that your gall bladder surgery goes well. I had mine out when I was 15 for multi gall stones. I had the laser surgery and that is a quicker healing time :)

Greg said...

Love the to do list!

I just found your blog! Thanks for helping me create a Donor's Choose button for my new "manly" blog!

Greg
Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

Miss Kindergarten said...

Look what I found!!! http://www.dafont.com/singer-mears.font