Friday, August 10, 2012

New Things for My New Classroom

After attending training this summer, I'm starting to get really excited about my move to my new classroom and new grade level. In case you missed it, I'll be teaching 3rd Grade Dual Language in a Digital Classroom next year. Lots of new things to tackle... :) Don't worry, I'll still be sharing and creating for y'all!

Earlier today, I went to Office Max because they were having some great school supplies sales, and I found this super cute caddy!

It is perfect for community supplies and has all the colors that are in my classroom! It was $9.99, so I bought one. I'll be back tomorrow to buy the other 5 because they are having a special Teacher Appreciation Day where teachers can score 25% their entire order! That's why I decided to wait to get the rest until tomorrow. If you have an Office Max near you, you should head over there tomorrow. You get a free tote, too!

One of my favorite new things is my new teacher bag. I just love the Vera Bradley print Island Blooms. I bought the Vera tote and I love it! It is so roomy and has plenty of pockets inside.





To match, I bought the laptop case for my new Mac book. Instead of a teacher desktop, I will have the Mac because of the Digital Classroom I'll have.

My favorite new book is this book, Vocabulary Games for the Classroom. I hadn't heard much about it before I bought it, but when I saw one of the authors was Marzano, I knew it had to be good! Since I'll be teaching with the Dual Language model, one of the components I'll need to include is called Specialized Vocabulary Enrichment. I think this book will be of excellent help to me this year!


Oh, and if you are wondering about the beautiful box these pictures were taken on.. it's because we just moved. We are in a brand new apartment just minutes from my school and I've still got some unpacking to do! I just tend to get distracted a little too easily and so many things are more exciting to do than unpacking!

What new finds have you found for your classroom? I'd love to hear!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lita Lita said...

I just read that you will be teaching dual language next year. I will teach second graders dual language learners too, but in Spain. I am going to love your blog even more.
Good luck on your new adventure!

Laura Rausch said...

Staples has their teacher breakfast tomorrow too! Office depot is next week.

This is Laura from SLE :) I got a fifth grade job in Crowley! Check out my blog if you get a chance!

-Laura
Http://fifthgradefriends.blogspot.com

Miss Trayers said...

Wow-what an exciting position! Definitely going to look forward to any digital learning tips you have.

NotJustChild'sPlay

Karyn said...

I LOVE that supply caddy. Do you happen to know what it is called or who makes it?


œKaryn
A is for Apple B is for Blog
Kideducator@comcast.net