Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Back to School Photo Booth Props


When we have our Meet the Teacher Night before school starts, I'm planning to have a photo booth in my classroom. Since it's a new program and that kids don't know each other at all yet, I thought it might be nice if on the first day, they come in to the classroom greeted by pictures of themselves! I hope it will help them feel more welcomed and comfortable.

I found my inspiration through Pinterest, of course! Click below the post to see the original source.


I went to Hobby Lobby and Michael's to find all kinds of pre-painted wooden cut outs as well as unfinished ones to be a nice background or place to write something.

I painted all of the unfinished wood cutouts with chalkboard paint:


After adding white dots with my FAVORITE paint pens, I hot glued the pre-painted cut outs to some and added words to others.


I thought it would be cute to let them write something on their own if they chose to, so I left one of the thought bubbles blank.


I then used the left over rulers from my back to school wreath and used those as the sticks the students could hold them by. I thought they would stay attached by hot glue longer than dowel rods anyways since they aren't circular.


I also scored these fun dress up items at Michael's. The ears were $2.00 each and the foam hats were $3.99.


I hope my new students will have a blast! Can't wait to see them use it! :)
Photobucket
Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

Ziggyfriends said...

I hope you link this up with Michael's new Create2Educate contest!

Elizabeth Rossmiller said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing this cute idea!

Elizabeth
Seconds at the Beach

monica schroeder said...

Such an adorable idea! Thanks for sharing:)
☮Monica
The Schroeder Page

Melanie said...

Love, love, love this idea! Your kids will love it!

Tania said...

Cute idea! I am sure you are going to get some rocking pictures.
Tania

My Second Sense

Miss M said...

This is SO CUTE! I don't have enough kiddos come to meet the teacher to be able to do something like this but I LOVE IT!

Stop by my blog if you have the chance :) I'm having a giveaway!

Miss M
The Fabulous First Grade

Heather Temske said...

What a fun idea. I always have the kids take a pixie with their name tag during sneak peek. I have them keep the name tags low so I can crop it off and use the pictures as flashcards to learn names before the first day if school. I think the props would be a super cute addition.

Heather
room 4 imagination

Mel D said...

Super cute! I've been posting photo prop ideas all year long. Here is a compiled list http://seusstastic.blogspot.com/2013/07/classroom-photo-ideas.html?m=0

Grade School Giggles said...

I love how your new photo props came out. Love it!
✿April✿
Grade School Giggles

Jennifer White said...

Very cute!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Traci - Dragonflies in First said...

Such a cute idea!
❤ Traci
Dragonflies in First