Saturday, July 27, 2013

Let's Gear Up with Teaching Strategies!


 
I have enjoyed being crafty and making adorable things for my classroom this past week, but as I was with my team planning out curriculum for our new highly gifted academy I was reminded that teaching is all about the strategies we have in our toolboxes. It's nothing new to me, but I found myself asking what the best strategies are for teaching gifted students because they are things that can be used over and over again.

So... I thought about how true this is for every classroom. It's wonderful to have cute activities and lessons that engage the students, but sometimes we simply don't have the time to plan out something new each time, and honestly why should we?

I want to have a 3 week linky part all about sharing those tried and true teaching strategies so we can "Gear Up" for the new school year. 

I'm talking about the thing you go to over and over again that can be applied to any topic. Whether you are in a bind and need to plan something quickly, or you know it's something your students enjoy, it often finds a way into your plans. Maybe it's a way you introduce something new, maybe it's a way you let the kids brainstorm ideas, maybe it's the way they share what they have learned. Whatever it is, I'd love to hear it! 

Nothing is too simple to share. It could be just what someone needs to hear.

So, enough talking about it. I'm gonna go work on scheduling some blog posts!

If you have some tried and true strategies that could help the new or veteran teacher to "Gear Up" for the new school year, I invite to blog about it and join in the linky party!

Feel free to grab the picture above when you do.

I plan to blog about these strategies for three Saturdays in a row:
Saturday, August 3
Saturday, August 10
Saturday, August 17

Come join in on the fun and collect some great teaching strategies as you "Gear Up" for the new school year!
Photobucket
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

Kristin Kennedy said...

Sounds like a great linky! Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find yours. I'm super excited to have another 1:1 blog to follow:)

Kristin
iTeach 1:1

Beadboard said...

GREAT idea! I truly look forward to hearing all the ideas! Thank you for organizing this.

Tamara Williams said...

I can't wait to read your blog posts but I have to say, all your dates are on Fridays. Aug. 3, Aug. 10, and Aug. 17 are Saturdays. Sorry ;-)

Mrs. Patton said...

Tamara-

Thanks so much! Can't believe I messed that one up! Just fixed it. Now the dates really are Saturdays!