Thursday, July 18, 2013

More Great Finds

Today I went to Mardel for their 20% off education sale and to IKEA with my awesome mother. I found some great things for the classroom that I just had to share!

At Mardel, I bought some things to add to my new classroom theme.
I bought the border I had my eye on as well as nametags for the first few days of school that match. I also found some adorable file folders... not quite sure what I'm going to do with them, but they were on sale! :)


I bought these matching pencils for 20 cents each. I figure I can do something with them for a beginning of the school year gift. I'm sure you'll be seeing them again!


I also found some other things to add to my collection. I really liked having small name tags on velcro instead of the big ones I used to get. That way they are easy to move around without moving desks. I also had to pick up some new birthday pencils and stickers for their special day!


These pencils were adorable and are going to be mine. Kids can borrow them, but they must put Mrs. Patton's pencils back! Does it drive anyone else crazy when your sharpened pencils just disappear? :)


Then, I met my mom and went to IKEA. I'm so glad we went because I found all of this great stuff:


I found these bins for $5.99 each. I love the color and thought they'd be great to store my students' things on a bookshelf with their table numbers on them. I get to have tables again next year instead of desks, so I need to think about the storage!


These were adorable, too. I think they were only $1.99 a set. I thought this could be another way kids could respond to a book they read. I love the app called Sock Puppets, but they could use these to record a video with or just talk to each other.


Of course, I had to pick up a set of their book boxes, too. Only $1.99 for 5! If you are using them for your students' book boxes, expect to replenish them each year. I plan to use them to organize my space.


And this awesome book came in the mail. I ordered Differentiating Instruction With Menus: Math (Grades K-2) to help me when designing menus. I'd definitely suggest checking out the book if you are interested. The K-2 version is under $14! They also have a 3-5 and 6-8 version for math and language arts.


So excited about all of my finds. I told my husband that I'm done with shopping for my classroom for the summer... we'll see!
Photobucket
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

Mrs. Thompson said...

You got some great stuff on your shopping adventure! I am SO glad you posted about this because I FORGOT that today was the sale at Mardel! Luckily, they are open until 10 so I still have time to run out. Thanks for reminding me!!

Mrs. Thompson
Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)

Ziggyfriends said...

I also bought the finger puppets the last time I went to IKEA, but they didn't have the little people ones. Those are really cute!

Bobbi said...

I seriously love people's shopping posts -- it is like shopping for me without spending any money.

I love those green pencils that you got --I totally have my own stash of cute pencils that only I use...I love cute pencils!

Bobbi
Bitty Bilinguals