Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Picking out my classroom theme!!!

I was going to wait until I had my classroom decorated or at least my decorations created to tell you, but I decided that I am going to change my theme for this year. I loved the garden theme and how it matched my "Patton's Patch" name, but I decided to make a small change...

I am keeping the same colors (since I have bought plenty of fabric for my bulletin boards to match) but am going to do more of a star/rock star theme. It will have hot pink, lime green, orange, purple and yellow with black as the background. I couldn't believe when I was shopping today at Mardel that I found some things that match what I was already working on perfectly! I was doing everything the same minus the zebra print. Guess it's popular, huh?

Here's what I picked up today:


You may be thinking, "Seriously? She walked into a store with teacher things and came back with just that?" And normally I would agree. I happened to see that sign that they are having their 20% off sale on Thursday, so I'll be back to pick up the border and other coordinating things then. :)

Here's the border I'm planning to get:




I just love it!

I'll share the classroom decoration pack I've been working on as soon as it's done, too.

On another note, I went back to Weight Watchers, weighed in and bought this handy tracker:


I can't wait to get back into eating healthy and to get back into my favorite pair of jeans! I'll keep you updated and let you know how things go. Don't worry, it won't take over my educational blog posts! :)

Have a great night!


Photobucket 
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

Rachel Seymour said...

I love those colors! I have a Rock Star theme too! I'll be back to see more pics!! :)

Rachel
A-B-Seymour

Debbie said...

I also have a First Grade Rocks! theme in my room. You will love it!

Lisa said...

Hello! I just found your blog through Pinterest and I'm your newest follower. I re-pinned your post about your listening stations. You have great ideas! Visit my little blog sometime. :)

~ Lisa
Teaching Kindergarten Kiddos