Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Smorgasbord with a FREEBIE


  

When I saw that Fabulous in First was hosting a Sunday Smorgasbord linky party, I knew I had to participate today. I have so many random things to share! (If you don't want to read all about my stay-cation, then just scroll down towards the bottom for a freebie!)

First off, I haven't shared this with my blogging buddies yet, but we are moving into a house very soon, and I've got to start packing! YIKES! Hopefully this move can go smoothly. :)

Before getting started with all the packing, my hubby and I spent a stay-cation in Dallas. I think these can be the best kinds of vacations. Almost no travel time, and it gives you an excuse to go to those places you love but have to save for a special day.

We enjoyed fondue, the best pizza in Dallas, the Perot museum, and of course the Dallas Zoo. I'm such a kid and love going to all of those kinds of places. :)

According to my husband, the Dallas Zoo is one of the only zoos in Texas to have koalas. I think they are my favorite! Just look at this cutie!!!


 Here I am with the giraffes celebrating their one year birthday. This is before I went to the gift shop and bought a shirt so I could change it since it was so humid. Anyone else ever do that???




And this is from the new and completely crowded Perot Museum:




I know it's blurry, but it was kind of dark in the theater.

We may have to go back to the museum sometime during the school year when it isn't quite so crowded...

Now that the stay-cation is over, I am working hard on some things for school. I am eagerly awaiting the chance to get into my classroom and set everything up there. I did create some items to go with my theme, but I'm not sure which table signs I'm going to use yet. I made pennant table signs and circular table signs. I'll just decide later. :)



I also created a freebie for you! I made some blank banners with the star theme and different colored backgrounds. I'm planning on using these to create a welcome banner or to simply to hang around the classroom. Head over to TPT to grab it! I just ask that you follow me and rate it, please!




Besides that, I'd love for you to plan on linking up to my teaching strategies party. I know at this time of year, most of our minds go directly to getting our room ready, but even more important than that is the way we plan to teach our kids. If you join in or at least read some of the strategies people link up, I bet you will go back to school with a few more ideas to pull from when planning lessons for your kids.

You can read more about the linky party here.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Photobucket
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

Adorable and cute photos! (love the giraffes). Smiles and stop by anytime!

Mrs. Thompson said...

Staycations really can be the best! The giraffes are so cute. The zoo is always so so hot! I've never been to the Dallas Zoo, only the FW Zoo. We have a new baby elephant there! :) Have you gone to the new Bush library? It's pretty cool. So I see we are from the same area! Have you heard of any/thought about doing a meet up? I posted the idea on my blog a while back but didn't get much response. I think it's because I don't have many followers. If you are interested, please feel free to email me and maybe we could set something up!

Mrs. Thompson
Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
My TpT Store
adventures.inteaching@yahoo.com

a49erfangirl said...

I hope your move goes smoothly. Sounds like you had a great staycation. My daughters favorite animal is the giraffes. We love to do things like go to the zoo and visit the museums. Every time you go it's a new adventure.

Carolyn Kisloski said...

Hi! I am so glad you stopped by my blog. I love yours! Loved reading about your staycation. That is exactly what you need to do- just enjoy and have fun. Oh that koala is precious. :) I just went into my room for a few hours to start putting it back together... I can only do a few at a time! :)
Carolyn
Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together