Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Let's Go Global!



As I'm thinking about this upcoming school year, I know that I want my classroom to become more global. I've been searching the web for different projects and sites to make connections, but most things are still set up for the 2013-14 school year.

I'm a planner and want to be able to intentionally plan global lessons and projects when it's applicable, so I'd like to make some connections with other teachers BEFORE the school year begins and gets crazy.

A colleague in my district set up a google form for teachers last year to get connected with others, and I thought I'd try that again for the upcoming school year.

So... anyone out there want to Skype, blog, or communicate in some other way with classroom outside your school? If so, click the button below to fill out the form and let's start making connections!

Global Classrooms

When you fill out the form, you will have access to a spreadsheet of other teachers who want to get connected. It will update as people fill it out, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back!

If you have any other ideas or resources, please share!
Photobucket
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

Becky said...

This is an awesome idea! Technology allows us to be in many places at one time! I just finished my M.ed in Instructional Technology and we had a class on Global Education. There are so many children who never leave their own city, state or even country. This is a fabulous idea!

Lisa said...

My best friend runs a school penpal type program that is worldwise. It is through a nonprofit called people to people international. If you go to ptpi.org and click on community, you'll see school and classroom programs and can register. She is currently on maternity leave but I believe someone else is running it for now! Feel free to pass on!

Debra said...

I did sign up for the project, but I'm at a loss as to how to pop in to see how many classes are involved. Could you email permission to see the googledoc for the listing? Thanks. mrsrastin@rogers.com

Jane Essenburg said...

Hello. Thanks for putting this together, greatly appreciated. I love giving my students a global audience and working with other teacher. One embarrassing note--I made a mistake on my first submission (put my name where my state should be), so I submitted a second, correct entry. My apologies!