Wednesday, July 29, 2015

An Organized and Cozy Classroom Library

I had to change rooms this year, so I decided to take advantage of that. I'm getting SUPER organized and went ahead and changed up my classroom theme. I don't have it done entirely yet, but I wanted to go ahead and share my classroom library with you.

My goal was for my classroom to feel warm and homey. I decided on a light blue, gray and black Moroccan style Quatrefoil, and went with it!


My bookshelves are from Walmart, the baskets were a GREAT deal at Big Lots, and I made the labels. The curtain rod, circle rug and curtains are from IKEA.  I just love the way the curtains turned out! 








The back of my bookshelves wasn't so pretty, so I added matching wrapping paper. I'm hoping it will be out of the way enough that it won't get torn apart.



I also wanted to make sure I had lights to add to the homey feel. This floor lamp was just under $8 at IKEA!


Here's a peek at the front of the room. I purchased this beautiful rug during a sale on Zulily, the chair was an awesome clearance find at Target, the lamp is from a friend and the basket is from Hobby Lobby.


I can't wait to finish the room and show you all of it!
Photobucket
Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

Rachel Vincent said...

Oh my word....I love everything about this!!!!

Katy said...

Love your rug! Do you happen to know what size it is?
- Katy
firstgradekate@gmail.com

Mrs. Patton said...

I looked it up and found it here: http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/well-woven-lulus-lattice/teracotta/3712101-P.html

It is 7'10"x10'6".

Thanks! :)

Erin Gerdes said...

It looks wonderful! I'm excited to see the rest. : )

Marnie Pape said...

I just bought a char almost like yours! Come help me in my office!!!!!!