Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Birthday Bags



I haven't always been great about doing things for student birthdays, so I wanted to do something easy that wouldn't require me to prep or remember too much throughout the year.

One of my sweet colleagues used birthday bags last year, and I borrowed her idea! :)


Inside each of these bags is a pencil, a happy birthday blower, and a few toys. I stuffed the bags with items in the picture below.


Each bag has the items on the right inside as well as 2 of the items from the left. I purchased the pencils from Oriental Trading, and found everything else at Party City.

Since they are all stuffed and on the wall, all a student has to do when it is his/her birthday is pick one from the wall and take it home.

The students will be so excited for their birthday to come throughout the year so they can pick their bag! I won't have to write out any personalized certificates or anything like that. I love that it is something I can do before I have my class list.

You may be wondering what to do with the extras on the wall... well, that is just something fun that someone may win at the end of the year! :)

Don't forget to check back later this week to hear about my favorite GT strategies that I wish I knew about sooner! And no, these are not just for a highly gifted classroom. I would have used them with all learners in my classrooms before if I had known about them!
Photobucket
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments: